Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wildlife at Whispering Pines



Wildlife is abundant at Whispering Pines. I have attempted to capture some photos of various wildlife that I have seen at and around our cabin. There are several animals that are photo shy and escaped before I could get them on camera. I woke up early one morning and went out on the deck and staring at me from a pine tree was a screech owl. By the time I got the camera it was gone. Another time I was cleaning and went to shake a rug outside .....scaring off a flock of wild turkeys. Since I am an avid bird feeder and watcher, I have managed to attract three rabbits (probably more soon) and four raccoons to my bird feeders. Also there is evidence of bear in the area...have not seen one...Thank God!

1 comment:

Paddy said...

You have the perfect observation deck there!
The deer looks like it is deciding whether to flee or stay. Don't encourage that b'ar...
Enjoy your weekend.